MINING RESUMES AT ULYSSES WEST
Second phase mining campaign underway to extract remaining high-grade material at base of pit as Genesis awaits assays for recently completed RC and aircore drilling programs.
- Blast hole drilling and dewatering underway with mining fleet set to resume operations later in the week, using smaller equipment.
- Limited mining campaign (~4 weeks) designed to extract an additional ~10,000t of high-grade material (~5g/t Au) remaining at the base of the Ulysses West open pit.
- All ore from the previous mining campaign (completed prior to Christmas) now processed through the Paddington Mill, with final reconciliations and payments expected in the coming weeks.
- Final payments have been delayed due to batches UW4 and UW5 undergoing umpire analyses with overall grades above the mine claimed grades.
- 1,500m Reverse Circulation (RC) drill program targeting the 1.3km long Ulysses East gold anomaly now completed with assay results awaited.
- 6,000m wide-spaced aircore drilling designed to test a number of strike-parallel targets to the main mineralised trend and new areas at Ulysses has also been completed – assays awaited.